Update 12 Jan: As of 6pm on 11 Jan, only greater Sydney and greater Brisbane are declared red zones for entry into Victoria, although a permit will be required to enter the state from every zone. Learn more or apply for a permit.
Travellers entering the state must complete a Queensland Freight and Logistics pass. If you have been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days you will also be required to complete a Queensland Border Declaration Pass. Both passes can be completed here.
Those who have been in a Prohibited Location on or after 11 December 2020 are not permitted to enter South Australia (exceptions apply for an approved Essential Traveller under Schedule 1). Essential Travellers will need to apply through the Cross Border Travel Application and must be approved before entering the state.
Victoria has announced the reintroduction of a permit system for entry. Drivers already on the road can download the permit on their phone so there is no need access to a printer. Find out more and how to apply
Drivers travelling from NSW will need to reapply for Tas e-traveller pass. If a driver has been in a hotspot they will need to apply through G2G pass. Find out more
Australian Capital Territory
ACT Health has issued a standing exemption from its border controls for persons who ‘transit for transport or freight business purposes into or through the Australian Capital Territory by road or rail.’
A G2G PASS declaration is required for those entering Western Australia from any other state. This must be completed and submitted prior to travel at the G2G PASS website. Covid Safe plans are encouraged but not required for those in the freight industry.
Before entering the Northern Territory, freight workers must complete and submit an online COVID-19 Freight Risk Mitigation Management Plan to the Northern Territory Government. While a Covid test at the border is not mandatory, a Covid test is required every seven days.
Essential freight workers will be required to undertake a COVID-19 test within 24 hours of arrival and again on day 12 if they remain in the state unless they can provide to a requesting officer evidence of a test or test results from the preceding seven days.
An essential traveller who has spent time in a designated NSW hotspot or any part of Victoria in the 14 days prior to their arrival in Tasmania will be required to undertake a COVID-19 test on arrival at air and seaports.
If an essential traveller arrives in WA and remains for 48 hours a test is required. Another test is also required on day 11 if an essential worker remains in the state.
New South Wales
Freight workers are encouraged to complete a COVID-19 test every seven days.
The Queensland Chief Health Officer is encouraging all freight and logistics operators to require their drivers who are entering QLD from a NSW hot spot to have weekly COVID-19 testing. Find out more
Government support for business
The Australian and state governments have announced support packages for business. The Australian Government assistance package includes:
- the JobKeeper Payment, which will provide businesses significantly affected by the epidemic with $1,500 per fortnight per employee for up to six months
- a cashflow boost of up to $100,000 with a minimum payment of $20,000 for businesses that employ staff. Businesses with an aggregated turnover of less than $50 million will be eligible
- an expanded JobSeeker Payment with a new coronavirus supplement. Eligible owner drivers will be able to receive this payment
- a new Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme: a government guarantee for small and medium business loans. The loans will be interest free for the six months and will be for a maximum of $250,000 over three years. The Government will guarantee 50 per cent of each loan
- an increase in the instant asset write-off threshold from $50,000 to $150,000, with access expanded to include businesses with a turnover of less than $500 million (up from $50 million). The increased threshold is available till 31 December 2020
- an additional 50 per cent investment allowance for eligible assets, including new trucks and trailers. The allowance will be available till 30 June 2021.
Get the details or call 13 28 46 for more information.
3 step framework for a COVIDSafe Australia
BP store locator
opening hours, facilities and lounge access
Telstra and COVID-19
COVID-19 and your finances
Managing the workplace in the face of the outbreak
Coronavirus work health and safety